It’s rare for buyers to write a check for a home that has everything they have ever wanted. More and more buyers are looking for Chicago homes where they can do a bit of work themselves and make it a place that complements their lifestyle. There are a variety of amenities right now that are hot when it comes to luxury Chicago homes.
Here’s a look at what is piquing buyer’s interest!
- Fire Features: If you have a backyard, consider adding a fire feature. Whether it’s a fire pit for gathering around or standing urns that provide warmth and reflect off the water, this is a magical way to give your backyard a bit of character and pizazz. If you’re considering an outdoor makeover, popular outdoor amenities currently include pizza ovens, wet bars, and fully functional kitchens.
- Wine Cellar Entertaining: Who wouldn’t love a wine cellar in their home? Entertaining in them is becoming increasingly popular in Chicago luxury homes, and they’re more than just a closet with racks to house your vino. Wine cellars are the perfect, intimate entertaining space.
- Technology and Media Center: There’s nothing like the perfect place on the couch to watch a movie, and a well-built media room will pay off for years to come. Choose a comfortable seating arrangement, and add high-def TVs, cameras for videoconferencing and digitally controlled sound systems. A luxury media center will house superior paneling for insulation, and amenities like a small kitchen, wet bar, refrigerator, and more.
- Open Entertaining Kitchen: Open kitchens give you the perfect excuse to have people over and entertain! They can be casual yet elegant; cozy yet refined. A well-thought-out entertaining kitchen will usually feature a large island as the focal point, giving you separation between the kitchen and dining room while still preserving the open feel.
- Wood Finishes: Wood is a fantastic way to add elegance and warmth to a room, and more and more Chicago home owners are adding wood finishes that are rich in look and cost. Some staining processes can take as many as eight steps to achieve, but wood is a great way to bring color into a room. And since there are so many shades, you can play off of it with accessories and furnishings.